Archive for December, 2007

Contents Page – December 2007

Saturday, December 1st, 2007

Letter from Marilyn – December 2007

In the News: recent progress in the world of health

Alternative treatments for menopause symptoms

Eating for Immunity

Quick Tip: Brain booster

What you should or should not be eating at 40+

  • Specific nutrients through different stages of life

Five easy steps to better bone health

Beat the boxing day bloat

  • Smart ways to beat it

The true power of good nutrition – Case study, December 2007

  • Trying to lose weight

Fat-proof festive eating

  • How to keep weight off and be healthy

Quick tip: don’t eat the decorations

Your winter energy make over

  • Add some zest back into your life

Banish dry skin

  • Help your skin over the winter

Quick Tip: DIY avocado facial

Ask Marilyn:

Ingredient spotlight:

  • Tofu – carries with it a number of health benefits

Monthly Meal Idea:

  • Tofu bake

Coming Next Month (January 2008)

Letter from Marilyn – December 2007

Saturday, December 1st, 2007

Dear Reader,

‘Tis the season to be jolly’ as the saying goes. So this issue of Natural News is packed full of information to help you through the Christmas period without losing all your healthy eating habits.

Of course, there will be the occasional ‘treats’ but you can still make healthy choices so that on balance 80% of what you are eating over Christmas is healthy and don’t worry about the other 20%.

I have included a recipe for tofu bake in case you would like to try a meat-free Christmas meal or you may be entertaining vegetarians. We usually have salmon (not farmed) for Christmas lunch in our home with masses of vegetables including roast sweet potatoes, which make a nice change from ordinary potatoes.

Of course, around this time of year it is important to keep your immune system strong to try and avoid the dreaded colds and flu. So this issue of Natural News gives you some useful tips on how to fight and prevent infections naturally. It also includes an article on keeping your energy up over the winter, as it is very easy to find that with the cold and dark we can feel more tired and often our mood can be lower.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a healthy start to the New Year.

Kind regards,

Marilyn's Signature

Marilyn Glenville

Coming Next Month (January 2007)

Saturday, December 1st, 2007

Look out for more answers from Marilyn, the latest news, case studies from the Clinic, Monthly Meal Ideas and also:

And, as always, much, much more …